Ceramic Tactiles are perfect for the tiled areas needing Tactiles to comply with the AS/NZS 1428.4 Standards. They are designed to assist the vision-impaired in navigating public walkways and unfamiliar areas, advising approaching hazards and safer routes.
There is to be a minimum Luminescence contrast of 30% compared to the amount of light that is reflected from the surface of the adjacent path of travel when using the TacAlert Ceramic Tactiles.
It may be unsuitable for external use or wet areas from a slip-resistance viewpoint.
Ceramic TacAlert TGSI Specifications:
– Type: Hazard & Directional
– Manufactured from premium porcelain material
– Certified to Australian standards – Break strength AS 4459.4.
– 30% Luminance contrast AS 1428.4
– Slip resistance AS/NZS 4586:2004 (appendix A, C & D)
– Supplied in a box of 11 tiles per colour/style = 1m² approx.