NOVAPRODUCTS GLOBAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT PLAN
The Novaproducts Global are fully committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least minimise) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
The Novaproducts Global will provide and maintain as far as reasonably practicable:
• A safe working environment
• Safe systems of work
• Plant and substances in safe condition
• Information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health
• A commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
• A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Workers, Contractors and employees have an obligation to:
• Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
• Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
• Comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
• Not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
• Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
• Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Novaproducts Global Novaproducts Global is aware that in order to ensure the Health and Safety Management System is maintained effectively, it is essential that all references and information are up-to-date and accurate.
The Health and Safety Management System requires monitoring by the Novaproducts Global and reviewing particularly following changes to the premises and activities and following accidents or incidents to ensure continual legal compliance.
Each site worked on by Novaproducts Global should appoint a WHS Officer who is to assist Novaproducts Global to implement the plan and report to the Novaproducts Global on WHSMS performance at schedule intervals.
In order for Novaproducts Global to discharge their duties, employees are required to co-operate with the Novaproducts Global in all matters concerning the health, safety and welfare of themselves and any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst undertaking tasks for the Novaproducts Global.
The Novaproducts Global encourage all employees to inform them of any areas of the health and safety policy that they feel are inadequate or misrepresented to ensure that the policy is maintained as a true working document.
Novaproducts Global have a general duty of care to provide facilities and systems of work that are without risk to the health and safety of persons on premises controlled by the Novaproducts Global.
In relation to general operation and maintenance of workplaces if the Novaproducts Global, they have duties under the WHS Act. Novaproducts Global have a Duty of Care under Common Law.
The Novaproducts Global have a duty to ensure that contractors are competent, qualified and where applicable licenced to undertake the tasks to be performed. In the event of a ‘Notifiable Incident’, as defined in WHS Legislation, the contractor has the duty to notify the Regulator.
Novaproducts Globals that are corporate entities have duties under the WHS Act including the duty to notify.
The scene of the incident would be still covered by non-disturbance provisions in the Act. It is important to bear in mind the potential disruption to services, and the potential for public exposure as a result of investigations by the state regulator and police, and the potential for media coverage.